When discussing product liability, it is important to differentiate between products that are dangerous and those that simply do not do what they are supposed to do.
What is the difference?Defective products, which can include anything from new cars that break down in the first 1,000 miles to computer hard drives that destroy data, are an issue of consumer fraud, not products liability. For more information about Defective Consumer Products, visit the Consumer Class Actions section of our web site. Dangerous products are an issue of product liability because they endanger personal safety. Manufacturers and sellers of products have a duty imposed by law to provide those products with every element necessary to make them safe for their ordinary uses - and to ensure that the products they sell do not contain anything that would cause injury to the user.
Sheller, P.C. attorneys have successfully represented individuals nationwide who have been seriously injured by defects in:
- Consumer products
- Industrial products
- Automotive and construction vehicles
- And others
What makes a product dangerous?A dangerous product that causes injury or harm may have a design defect, a manufacturing defect, or be marketed improperly or unlawfully, lacking adequate safety information, instructions that leads to injury. Incorrect labeling may also be an issue.
Who is responsible?Determining who is responsible in a product liability claim varies from product to product. It could be the manufacturer, the provider of a part used by the manufacturer, an installer, the wholesale company, the retail store, or any combination thereof.
What are the steps to take?If you have suffered harm from a product, keep the product in the state it was in at the time of the injury. Do not return it to the store or manufacturer, and do not use it. Many dangerous products are recalled by manufacturers, or are required to be recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, but neither disqualifies you from seeking legal action. If you believe you have been harmed by a product, listed here or not, contact us for a no obligation consultation, call (800) 883-2299, chat, or fill out the inquiry form on this page. You may have claim for a lawsuit to compensate for the harm you have experienced.
LinkU.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- The attorneys at Sheller P.C. have been recognized again this year as SuperLawyers. For the twelfth consecutive year, founder Stephen A. Sheller has been selected by the organization and specifical
- The law firm of Sheller, P.C. maintains an active whistleblower qui tam False Claims Act practice. Sheller, P.C. attorneys have been the first to bring action against some of the most significan
- Risk of serious internal bleeding, stroke, blood clots, heart attack, heart disease and death The attorneys of Sheller, P.C. are investigating the serious risks of Xarelto and Pradaxa. The firm o
- Antipsychotic drug may pose risk of Gynecomastia, breast development in boys and young men Gynecomastia may be a risk to boys and young men, causing growth of breasts that may require a partial or fu