Pennsylvania Higher Education Foundation Announces Sheller Scholarships
Funded by the Sheller Family Foundation, the Stephen and Sandy Sheller Scholarship is available to students at PASSHE universities that are pursuing degrees leading to careers in law or in art therapy.
Mr. Sheller is the founding partner of Sheller, P.C., one of the leading plaintiff’s personal injury, class action and whistleblower/qui tam law firms in the United States. Mrs. Sheller is a licensed professional counselor and Board Certified Registered Art Therapist.
Mrs. Sheller is dedicated to providing vital services to children and families in need. In 2007, she received recognition from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives and from the Senate for exemplary and dedicated service to homeless families. She also received The Others Award from the Salvation Army, in recognition of extraordinary dedication and service to the lives of others.
Number of Awards and Amount Awarded
Five $1,000 ($500 per semester) scholarships are available for the 2010-11 academic year. The scholarship recipients will receive $500 for the fall 2010 semester and $500 for the spring 2011 semester as long as they are full-time students and maintain the required 3.5 GPA.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student at one of the 14 PASSHE universities pursuing an undergraduate degree leading to a career in law or in art therapy.
- Applicants must have passed 60 credits at a PASSHE university with at least a 3.5 GPA.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need based on analysis from the FASFA application.
- Complete the Stephen and Sandy Sheller Scholarship Application (also available at the PASSHE universities’ financial aid offices).
- Submit two (2) written references: one reference from a professor in applicant’s area of study and one personal reference.
- Include a typewritten essay of approximately 500 words (maximum 800) on the following quote “We make a living by what we do, but we make a life by what we give.” – – Winston Churchill.
- Submit an official transcript with your application packet.
- Send completed application, two references, essay and official transcript by July 15, 2010 to:
Director of Scholarship Programs
2986 North Second Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
The Stephen and Sandy Sheller Scholarship Committee is comprised of representatives from the PASSHE Foundation and PASSHE Office of the Chancellor. The selection process will be coordinated by the Foundation’s Director of Scholarship Programs. All scholarship recipients will be notified before the start of the fall semester.
For more details, go to: The PASSHE Foundation Website – Sheller Schola