Catastrophic injuries include injuries that are both devastating in scope and permanent in nature. These injuries can arise in a number of ways and take a tremendous toll on the injured persons and their loved ones. In 2013 in the United States, injuries, including all causes of unintentional and violence-related injuries combined, accounted for 59% of all deaths among persons age 1-44 year of age- that is more deaths than non-communicable diseases and infectious diseases combined. If you were catastrophically injured in an event and need legal counsel, don't hesitate to contact our attorneys and tell us what happened. Call 800-883-2299 for a no obligation consultation. Injury Facts
- More than 192,900 deaths from injury in 2013—1 person every 3 minutes.
- Leading cause of death for people ages 1–44 in the U.S.
- An estimated 31 million emergency department visits for injury in 2013.
- An estimated 2.5 million people hospitalized with injury in 2013.
- Violence and injuries cost more than $406 billion in medical care and lost productivity each year.
- The attorneys at Sheller P.C. have been recognized again this year as SuperLawyers. For the twelfth consecutive year, founder Stephen A. Sheller has been selected by the organization and specifical
- The law firm of Sheller, P.C. maintains an active whistleblower qui tam False Claims Act practice. Sheller, P.C. attorneys have been the first to bring action against some of the most significan
- Risk of serious internal bleeding, stroke, blood clots, heart attack, heart disease and death The attorneys of Sheller, P.C. are investigating the serious risks of Xarelto and Pradaxa. The firm o
- Antipsychotic drug may pose risk of Gynecomastia, breast development in boys and young men Gynecomastia may be a risk to boys and young men, causing growth of breasts that may require a partial or fu